Monday, February 28, 2011

Read Across America


Do you know who has a birthday on March 2nd? I bet my friend Christopher Nixon does, and I bet if you have kids in the public school system they do too! On March 2nd Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel) has a birthday. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss.

For more information visit nea.org/readacross. I love that they make such a big deal out of it. Even Avery's class is reading Dr. Seuss this week. On Friday they are making Green Eggs and Ham. How fun! I am taking in our Dr. Seuss books tomorrow to share with the class.

There is an awesome article over at Mental Floss called 7 Curious Facts About Dr. Seuss Books. I am pretty sure Ginger has told me most of these in casual conversation. She really is the cutest nerd I know.

Last but not least check out this site for some Seuss awesomeness. It is a bit slow, but I am sure this is a busy week for the Random House site!

Tonight Avery and I read, I Love You Stinky Face, Green Eggs and Ham, and Katy the Caboose (twice). Avery closed his eyes for two minutes after round two of Katy Caboose. When he noticed I had stopped reading he opened his eyes back up and said, "more choo choo mommy!"

Can't argue with that now can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment