Saturday, February 12, 2011

Naked No No

Today was Avery's swimming lesson. He was much more at ease that last week. Avery and I went to the women's locker room to get ready. When we came out Greggie was sitting on the bleachers, his head nestled in his hands, elbows on his knees, softly shaking his head with his eyes closed. I couldn't figure out what happened. We both left our cell phones in the car and Avery was with me, but he looked so forlorn it really scared me. I actually yelled out to him across the pool. He made eye contact and assured me he was ok.

Avery and I walked around the pool to the bleachers and Greggie seemed ok. First let me set the stage for you. Greg is super duper modest. More modest than me if you can believe that. He tells me that men just roam around the locker room with their junk hanging out like it's cool. When he used to referee high school football he was always amazed with how "open" folks were with their wardrobe changes.

Today, was more than I think Greggie could stand. He walked in to the Men's locker room and he said there was a giant harry man standing there in the mirror, buck naked, wearing only yellow crocks, shaving. Greg described him as the big guy in Borat. If you haven't seen Borat, don't, but Google the big guy.

Greg was completely blown away by this guy. He talked about it so much I had to ask him to hush. The last thing I want in my head is a buck naked, hairy, super big guy, in nothing buy yellow crocks.

For the record, this is not the case in the women's locker room. I haven't seen any naked parades or shaving. TG!

Side note, I had a blast at the swimming lesson and I was so distracted by Borat's naked friend, I didn't spend more than 5 minutes thinking about my pale exposed lard cuss. It has been so long since I did any swimming. When I got of the pool my legs felt like they weighed a ton. I could barely lift them. It was the weirdest thing.

Avery did great today too! The instructor is such a cutie and she has a great attitude. We had a really great lesson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment