Monday, February 21, 2011

Lillie's Friends?

So, are we going to do Lillie's Friends 5k this year? We did it last year, and I have to be honest, I said I would never do it again. I pushed Avery in the stroller and walked with Leslie and her family. Uncle Jerry even came to town to walk it with us. The thing that super sucked about it was it was in Taglewood and you spent a ton of tie dodging traffic. It was pretty stinkin' frustrating. Plus there was supposed to be this awesome Easter egg hunt, but they ran out of Easter eggs before Leslie's kids age group got a chance to go. Not cool. Don't think me a jerk, I know it is about the cause not the Easter eggs, but try explaining that to a 4 year old that just walked a 5k. Let me know how that works out for you.

Sawyer, Leslie's oldest, literally walked almost the entire thing. He was a champ. We finished dead last and proud as peacocks.

This year the venue has moved. The walk will start at BB&T Park and all of the festivities will be there. The walk will take place through downtown, and I bet they block the streets unlike those tightwads over at Tanglewood. (I have no evidence to support this theory, it just really ticked me off that they couldn't block the road. Walking 5k in the grass with a stroller is no fun!) There are supposed to be over 30k eggs too.

Before you make your decision, this is a video of Lillie that might help with your decision:



So let me know, these things are more fun in a group!

3 comments:

  1. I just saw the message from Lillie's Friends on FaceBook and was going to ask you if you wanted to participate this year. Downtown sounds much better then Tanglewood!! I am up for it if you are and I am sure Sawyer will be too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be there, fo sho. T. Wood will probably have LK to greet us at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L, I am totally in. How can you say no after watching that video.

    A, I love you, but I cannot keep up with your fast tail. See you at the finish line play-a!

    ReplyDelete