Monday, February 21, 2011

Avery and I: Our First Conversation


Last night I had a feeling Avery was getting sick. When I put him in to bed, I laid down in the floor beside of his bed. He rolled around, kicked, squirmed, and jiggled. About 10 minutes had past and he peeped his little eyes over the bumper pad. He looked at me and, though I couldn't see his mouth, he smiled. I could see it in his eyes.

This is how our first conversation went down:
A: whatdoin mommy?
Me: Just laying her in case you need me and so you won't be sad. What are you doing Avery?
A: (while shrugging his shoulders) nite, nite
Me: Ok, if you are nite nite, I am going to go do some laundry.
A: K Mommy

We have never had an exchange of this caliber. It was awesome. I especially loved the look on his face when he said "nite, nite". Duh, Mommy, I am laying here in my jammies in the bed, what do you think I am doing?

I can't wait for many more such conversations. Today, Avery woke up with a fever. Now, he has the flu. Tamiflu is $60. Geepers!

No comments:

Post a Comment