Thursday, October 8, 2009

Big Bang Boom Band

How cool is this? A band that plays kid music that parents can love too! What a concept. I personally love the tunes from Yo Gabba Gabba, (banana is my favorite, but I also love Up and Down, Pool Party, and Family Tree) but when I heard about these guys I had to check them out. Turns out one of the three members is Ben Folds Five's brother. Neat.

All three members are dad's and they perform all kinds of places in the Triad. Many of the performances are free. They also do birthday parties. I admire the Ham Sandwich out of people who make a living outside the "cube world". I really wish I would have had mentors/role models/sponsors who would have explained to me that life doesn't have to be about the 9 to 5. It never occurred to me that I could have a job that was something I loved. I really had no idea in the world. As a mom, if I teach Avery nothing more than this, I will consider myself a success. These guys are all in other bands and find ways to "pay the bills", but it is their love of music that gets it all done. Good for them. No cube for you!

I checked out a sample and since my boy LOVES him some tunes, I can't wait to buy their CD. (They have a new one coming out soon!) I also want to see them in person. I understand they will be in Greensboro on October 25th. Anyone interested, anyone? They say you should wear your costume. I am just plain giddy!!

1 comment:

  1. Chuck Folds's other "project" was the first choice for our wedding band (Rubber Band), but alas they were booked. Can't wait to hear more about this...

    ReplyDelete