Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just a Little Something "Practical" to Get You in the Mood for Fall

I was thinking about fall on the way to work, and it occurred to me that I had forgotten an incredible get-you-in-the-mood-for-fall movie.  
You should know that I have the cinematic depth of a kiddie pool.  I have no shame on this topic.  You give me J-Lo, Sandra Bullock, Mrs. Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Sally Field, Kate Hudson, or my friends Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox-Arquette and I am pretty much set.  So, what I am saying here is that I don't claim to be any kind of movie expert.  I just like what I like, and here is what I like.......fluff!  Life is real enough for me.  At the end of a movie I would like everything to be resolved, wrapped up, and if everyone can't be happy please Lord, let them be at peace.  Also, I do not need to see any of the characters naked or in the "act".  Don't even get me started on why I can't watch HBO series any more. 
Man, that was a long winded way to say I think you will love this little fall gem:
Now, if you are feeling extra ambitious, you could even read the book that this movie is based on.  I personally have not read the book, but I might give it a whirl once I get through my current book.

You can't go wrong with this choice.  Stockard Channing is in this one too!  Hmmm, a cast of super strong, but equally flawed women with an extra dose of the supernatural and witch costumes, now that's what I'm talking about.  Not a nude scene one and the language isn't bad either.  They do accidentally kill someone and dispose of his body, but he was a creep anyhow.  Who can blame a girl for accidentally poisoning an abusive boyfriend who already killed a couple of other girlfriends.  I file that under, oops, no harm, no foul.  Besides, its just a movie.  If it was real life, he would kill her and get off on a technicality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment