Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving? No Thank You!

So, Thanksgiving?  Normally I love this holiday.  I get off both Thursday and Friday from work.  SCORE.  I love being off on Black Friday.  Major perk of my work.   This year, I am DONE with Thanksgiving.  No offense to the Pilgrims or the Indians.  I just can't take one more minute of Thanksgiving 2011.

It all started Tuesday at 11:30.   We were heading out to Downtown Deli to eat brown salads.  YUMMY!  The whole gang was there minus one person.  We hadn't been out in forever, but my phone beeped.  It was school.  Avery wasn't being himself and seemed to feel bad.  I ride the elevator back up, call Dr. Stone, and head out to get Avery.  Now, a little back story here.  Greg was on vacation, perfect right?  Not so much.  Greg had taken Eva Dog Linkous for the old spay/neuter (we don't want Bob Barker after us) and a back dewclaw removal.  CRAP.

I take Avery to the doctor where he is diagnosed with a bad cold.  We head home armed with antibiotic and decongestant.  Ok, we can do this.  I log back on, get some work done, get the dog picked up, spend almost $300 doing it, and settle in for the night.  My plan is to leave Avery at home with Greg and go to work the next day.  HA!

At about 7 pm Avery starts throwing up with nothing more than this warning, "mommy, i not feeling good!"  The vomit did not stop all night long, and then I got sick.  Wednesday we were all feeling much better.  Eva included.  On the mend right?  Wrong!

Thanksgiving, immediately after eating, I start feeling really, really bad.  So, needless to say, I too have the bug.  I go to change Avery's diaper and realize he has a swollen, blue testicle.  No doubt a side effect of all of the vomit strain.

Up Friday morning, to the doctor again, yes, that's another $25 copay.  Turns out Avery has a hernia.  We knew he did, but we thought it had cleared up.  All of the vomit conjured it back up, or down, as hernias work.  So we have to go see a surgeon.  GREAT.

We come home to collapse.  I let Eva out of her pen, and one of her back feet (dewclaw removal) is HUGE.  It is swollen, red, and it looks terrible.  My dear, sweet, mom, loads her up and heads to the vet.  Eva is having a reaction to the bandage and comes home with antibiotics.  Thank the Lord my mom could take her.

Now, as I type this, Greg lay in the bed, sick as a dog.  I am sure he will vomit any second.  I hope for his sake it is soon.  It really does feel much better after the vomit.

Isn't this a great family picture?  It makes me so very happy!
So, if you are wondering why I am done with Thanksgiving 2011, you should be clear now.  Good riddance already!

No comments:

Post a Comment