Thursday, March 3, 2011

You Say It's Your Birthday, It's My Birthday Too!

Another birthday in the books. I am thankful for another year, but so sad to see them pass. It is not that I am some vain person who minds getting older, it is just so hard to watch everyone around you also get older too. My family has dwindled down to just a small handful, so many people are sick with cancer, and it is all just so scary. To quote Dolly Parton in my favorite movie of all time, Steel Magnolias, "Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it's marchin' across your face!"



I am so in awe of the things I have in my life, and the people who make it more than "making the donuts" every day. Just today I got in the mail from my BFF in Charlotte an awesome owl necklace from Etsy, a woot shirt I had been lusting after from Ginger, a great book from Greggie, and a handmade card from my almost-sister-in-law.


This is my Woot Shirt! You love it don't you? Me too!!


Not to mention all of the cards and well wishes. I am not a birthday hater, I just have a hard time saying goodbye to the passing time.

This time next year Avery will be three, Greg will be done with grad school, and there will be at least a few new little people in my little world (come on Ginger, won't you and Christopher do your part?). That makes me smile, but it scares me to death to think about the other side of the equation. Maybe this happens to everyone when they get older, but it takes my sleep some nights.

I do wish I could worry a little less. Thanks for reading my blog on my birthday. Gobble, gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment