Monday, October 22, 2012

New York In November

So, I am going to New York.  In less than two weeks.  I am freaking out.  I hate traveling without Greg and Avery.  My stomach hurts the whole time and I feel like I might die.  I am not kidding.  It is like torture.  Judge me if you need to.  I really don't care.  I really dig my spouse and I love my child.  I work full time, and I resent having to spend even more time away from them than I already do.  Can't relate?  I am not asking you to.

The point is, it makes my darn heart hurt.  I am scared to death something horrible will happen while I am gone.  Please don't tell me to have faith or not to worry, it only pisses me off.  The reality is really bad stuff happens every day.  I cherish our time together.  I don't consider Greg or Avery a nuisance.  I don't "need" time away.  Again, I make NO apologies.

So, this trip is for work.  I do appreciate the opportunity to learn new stuff so that makes this trip more bearable.  I also will not be subjected to mandatory "work" dinners. I won't be surrounded by tons of people drinking, smoking, acting a fool.  It will just be me, and one other co-worker who will have his wife along.

I am very much looking forward to seeing my cousin Ryan (if it works out).  He's kind of a big deal, so I am not counting on it, but most of all, I am looking forward to seeing a couple of my pals complete the NYC Marathon.  I will be keeping one of their wives company and cheering them both on as loudly as this little southern voice of mine can!

I am also kind of hoping I see this guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment