- I love to write. I do. I always have. I remember in the 8th grade I wrote a poem and my teacher asked me if it was original. Really? She thought I cheated, so that must have meant it was good. Suh-weet! I don't fancy myself a writer by any old stretch. I just like to write.
- I think it is important to get things off of your chest or you may explode. I have a lot on my mind right now. People puzzle me and I don't have the gift of letting things just roll of my back. This is a gift I long for.
- The blog gives me a voice. I really don't feel like I have a voice in any other way. After all, most of my ramblings are just that, ramblings. The thing about a blog is, people enjoy reading it. There are several that I have been following for years. These people don't know I exist, but I love reading about their lives and not in that "I can't take my eyes off of that train wreck" kind of way.
- I need to get back in the habit of doing something for myself. Some days I look in the mirror (and I do NOT look in the mirror everyday), and I don't recognize the person staring back at me. She is so much older and more tired than I remember looking.
- Writing makes you think more. Lord knows I need to exercise my pea brain. I find myself thinking about things differently when I consider them as "topics".
- I suddenly hate talking on the phone. I don't know how this happened, but I have a theory: I can't focus, and it is too much like work. I swear you cannot have a conversation with a toddler running around like a mad man. The stress of it all isn't worth it. Besides you can't focus on what you are saying or what is being said. If I don't update my Facebook status no one would ever know what was going on in my life.
- The more you do something, the better you get at it. Repetition makes the heart grow fonder. Wait, that is absence. Crap! Well, I'm sticking with it!
- 8 is my lucky number. You may not know that about me if I didn't write it. I used to hate the number 13. It scared me to death. Petrified. It is my friend Dawn's lucky number. I went in to labor on Friday the 13th, but I managed to keep Avery safe and sound until the next day. 13 doesn't scare me like it used to. I still don't love it, but it doesn't freak me out. I also will not close out a bill that is $6.65 plus .01. Terrifies me. I will buy something else. Anything. Be careful if you frequent Kernel Kustard. For whatever reason that total comes up a lot there.
- I want to remember and writing helps me remember. Do you remember why you made your last resolution and hot it worked out for you?
- I said I would. Why did I say this? I think it had something to do with Ginger. Ginger is trouble. On Friday Ginger coerced me in to watching a video called "the world's biggest zit". DO NOT WATCH IT. Rednecks, beer, scalpel and infection = nasty, unforgettable, heinous, stomach churning images.
Monday, January 31, 2011
10 Reasons Why I Feel the Need to Write
So Friday at lunch I made the comment that I was going to blog every day in February. BLERG! Well, it is the shortest month, so it isn't that big a deal right? Right? RIGHT! So here we go: